These stores have differentiated themselves and pushed themselves past the rest. What has made these stores so different? What have been the factors that have pushed them to the forefront of their markets?
One way that some of these stores have adapted to the times is by investing in revolutionary self-service checkouts. Research seems to demonstrate that the majority of customers seem to prefer using self-checkout kiosks as they are a quicker and easier alternative to dealing with a store clerk. Above all, embracing technology seems to be key to success in the retail sector. Self-service kiosks have proven popular all over the globe too, with flachbildschirm (flatscreen) versions also appearing in retail stores in countries like Germany.
So, here are some of the top retail stores and some of the reasons behind their success.
1. Wal-Mart. No big suprise here, almost everyone has made a Wal-Mart shopping trip at some point in their lives. Their “Rolling Back Prices” and “Wal-Mart. Always Low Prices. Always” slogans have become engrained in everyone’s mind. The blue colors of their logo also make people feel comfortable. Oh, and their prices are unreal.
2. Target. “Expect More, Pay Less” is the slogan that sticks with this company year after year. They have branded themselves as a department store rather than a Wal-Martesque type store. This change for them propelled them to the top of the market.
3. Macy’s. This is the perfect example of great retail design. Macy’s makes people feel comfortable in their stores. The way the store is set up makes it so they can have a lot of merchandise without overwhelming their consumers. Which is very important when organizing a department store layout.
4. The Home Depot. “More Saving. More Doing” is exactly what Home Depot proclaims. They positioned themselves as the one stop shop you need for everything in your home. Their stores are also set up extremely well to make things easy and convenient for their costumers.
5. Costco. This store screams savings. Savings in bulk actually. Costco has become the place to go for large families. Their prices and excellent store design (plus their samples) have propelled them to the front of the grocery market.
One thing most of these top retail stores have in common is their excellence in design. It takes great retail design to make a store enjoyable to shop in. Xibit Solutions is a company who specializes in bringing your brand to market. Make sure you have the right creative concepts and your store just may propel itself to the top of your market.