Trade shows are one of the best places to get your business in front of your target audience and learn from the sharpest minds in your industry. Geared towards businesses involved in the firearms, hunting and outdoor industries, the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show is the largest event of this type in the world, offering unrivaled access to some of the newest trends and technologies in the firearms industry.
Owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the SHOT Show 2020 is designed to foster an exchange of ideas and developments in the firearms industry. Learn more about the networking opportunities at the SHOT Show.
ABOUT NATIONAL SHOOTING SPORTS FOUNDATION
The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) is an American national trade association for the firearms industry. Formed in 1961, the NSSF has over 8,000 members that include firearms manufacturers, retailers, distributors, shooting ranges and sportsmen’s clubs.
The mission of the NSSF is to “promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports.” The NSSF not only promotes gun ownership, but it helps to draft the safety and instruction standards for the industry.
SHOT SHOW 2020
Restricted to members of the shooting, hunting and outdoor trade industry, including commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products, the SHOT Show promotes shooting sports and provides the latest in innovations for sportsmen. Over 65,000 industry professionals attend, as well as 16,000 exhibitors in every facet of the firearms industry.
The SHOT Show takes place Jan. 21-24, 2020 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
LAW ENFORCEMENT EDUCATION PROGRAM (LEEP)
Learn from the leading industry-training organizations, such as the National Tactical Officers Association, and receive a Certificate of Attendance with the Law Enforcement Education Program (LEEP).
Some topics covered during LEEP are: critical incident debriefs, which bring experts from around the world to address major critical incidents and develop response plans; and tactical concepts for law enforcement, which reviews the vital tactical concepts that are applicable to critical incidents and SWAT operations. Seminars on reflex sights for duty handguns, active shooter response, deploying carbine from within a vehicle and fitness and diet trends for law enforcement officers are also available.
The retailer seminars were developed around inquiries and feedback from businesses in the firearms industry and focus on addressing industry challenges and implementing better management practices for more profitability.
Retailer Seminar topics include:
- 24 Million People Want to Buy Their First Firearm. Will It Be Yours?
- Monetizing Your Range Metals
- Influencer Partnerships Panel
- Leadership Strategy for the FFL Retailer and Range Owner
- Secret Shoppers: A Creative Way to Improve the Customer Experience
- Dealer Liability
- Measurable Success: The Gold Standard
- Mastering the USED GUN Market
- Mentorship Workshop
- NSSF Government Relations Update
- Organic Facebook Marketing
- Pawn Industry Compliance
- Cultural Influences and the 4473
- FFL Security and Risk Management
SHOT SHOW UNIVERSITY
The SHOT Show University is the premier education event for the sports and hunting industries. This day-long event features keynote speeches from Julie Golob and Joe Bartozzi, as well as four education tracks with 16 different courses.
During the keynote, Julie Golob discusses new shooter recruitment and effective methods for recruiting someone to the hunting and shooting sports.
Other seminar topics include:
- Protection From Lead and Noise
- Enhancing the Shooter Experience
- Integrated Staff Training Programs
- Instagram Masterclass
- Retail Showroom Space
- Using Technology to Amplify Your Sales Efforts
- ATF Inspections and NFA Compliance
- Engaging Range Technologies
- Media Training
- The Business of Freedom
- ATF Form 4473
No matter the facet of the industry or your experience level, the SHOT Show University events can give you new insights and education in this rapidly growing industry.
2020 STATE OF THE INDUSTRY RECEPTION
The 2020 State of the Industry Reception is a fun-filled night of laughs and socializing. The event is designed to recognize the important accomplishments in the industry and updates provided by speakers like the National Shooting Sports Foundation President Joe Bartozzi.
Opening night features comedian Henry Cho, who’s appeared on high-profile shows like NBC’s The Tonight Show and Young Comedians Special, and CBS’s The Late, Late, Show. There’s also a State of the Industry Presentation from Joe Bartozzi.
THE SHOT WEEK SUPPLIER SHOWCASE
The SHOT Week Supplier Showcase is a dedicated event for suppliers to show off products for shooting and hunting. If your business involves tools, machinery, metal extrusions, plastics, fabrics, materials, logistics, software or other products for the shooting sports or outdoor sporting industries, the Supplier Showcase gives you a chance to connect with buyers. This is a great opportunity to get your product in front of the right people.
NSSF/HAVA Golf Classic
The NSSF/Honored American Veterans Afield (HAVA) Golf Classic is a premier event for participants to play a few rounds and support the healing and integration of disabled veterans through hunting and shooting sports.
Each participating golfer will receive:
- One round of golf at Bear’s Best Las Vegas
- A backpack full of golf and outdoor gifts
- A golf cart
- Breakfast and lunch
- Roundtrip ground transportation to the course
- The opportunity to win high-end raffle items
INDUSTRY DAY AT THE RANGE
Open to attendees and exhibitors, the Industry Day at the Range is the largest and most influential one-day event in the shooting and hunting sports. Over 1,800 media members and buyers come together at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club to test and rate the latest products from over 200 manufacturers.
With such industry giants as Pelican, Browning, Winchester, Ruger, Bushnell and Blackhawk, as well as press and social media coverage, this event is a must for any business looking to maximize awareness of new products and brands.
SHOT Show is not only the largest annual event of its kind in the world, but as an event closed to the public, you’re certain to have your business in front of your target audience and the high-powered people in a position to say “yes.”
First-time exhibitors receive an exhibit kiosk with customizable graphics, a stool and an electrical outlet, the SHOT Marketing Package, a lead retrieval mobile app, one display in the New Product Center, a one-year membership to Outdoor Wire, two show badges and information listed in the show directory. With these tools in front of the industry’s biggest names and over 65,000 attendees, there’s no shortage of opportunities for your business.
CREATE A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE
There’s no question that trade shows have plenty of opportunities for businesses to network and gain exposure, but standing out among the throngs of competitors can be a challenge, especially if you’re new to the industry. A trade show is a big investment as well, so you want to be sure that you put your best foot forward.
Here are some tips to be sure you make your exhibit the one that attendees will remember:
- Make an impression long before the show: Social media is one of your best tools for promoting your attendance. Ask attendees to vote on promotional gifts they want, post videos of your show-planning process and attach tweets to the event’s hashtags to make sure your prospects know you’re coming.
- Give away quality gifts: The same old swag gets boring after a while, so find unique promotional gifts, such as sunglasses or laptop skins, that the attendees can actually use.
- Do your research: Find out what you can about your competitors, as well as the industry veterans that have been attending the show for years, and see what you’re up against.
- Invest in a great booth: Your products should be the standout at a trade show, but you still need to attract people to your booth. Every aspect of your booth needs to catch attention and communicate your brand, so put the extra work and money into a great image.
- Bring the personality: A trade show may be filled with professionals, but many are looking to blow off steam and have some fun. Attend the parties, have conversations with your fellow exhibitors and attendees and be sure to enjoy yourself.
- See our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you take every advantage available to you and set your company up to succeed.
GET THE MOST FROM SHOT SHOW WITH XIBIT SOLUTIONS
If you’re looking to exhibit at SHOT Show 2020 and experience all this diverse event has to offer, the professionals at Xibit Solutions can help. Our experienced team has a wealth of knowledge about creating an entire trade show experience, from customizing the graphics to designing the layout, so we’re sure we can tailor a booth experience that works well for your business and your customers. Contact Xibit Solutions today to find out more about our booth designs and see how we can help you maximize your trade show experience!