Trade shows are a great way to meet with new vendors and suppliers, make valuable networking connections in the industry, and gain exposure for your industry.
Ranked as one of the top 10 trade shows in the United States, the Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) 2019 brings together 23,000 attendees for the largest business aviation event in the world. If you’re an aircraft owner for business or personal use, flight department personnel, a service provider or a student looking into the career path, you can’t afford to miss NBAA-BACE 2019 to experience the best in the industry.
About the National Business Aviation Association
Based in Washington, D.C., the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to make their businesses more productive, efficient and successful. Founded in 1947, the association represents more than 11,000 companies and professionals and provides products and services to the business aviation community.
One of the main roles of the NBAA is to collect, interpret and disseminate operational and managerial data related to the safe, efficient and cost-effective use of business aircraft. By understanding advances in the technology and procedures valuable to the business aviation community, the association allows business aviation to thrive in the United States and around the world.
NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition
The Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition is the largest business aviation event in the world and brings together over 23,000 attendees. It’s the premier event for aircraft owners, those considering aircraft for business, flight department personnel, service providers or students considering a career in aviation.
NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, from Oct. 22-24, 2019.
NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibitions hosts an array of educational opportunities to foster growth in the business aviation community.
The show kicks off with the NBAA PDP Course: Resource Management Techniques. This course is hosted by Bob Hobbi of ServiceElements International Inc. and covers various aspects of resource management in aviation, such as CRM, MRM, DRM and ORM through hands-on scenarios, activities and case studies.
There’s also the NBAA PDP Course: Human Factors in Aviation. This course, which relates to aviation flight crews, technicians and managers, is aimed at reducing errors in associated costs and creating a corporate culture conducive to preventing human error and developing effective safety nets.
The NBAA PDP Course: Aviation Leadership is a two-day course that teaches the fundamentals of leadership in the aviation industry. This workshop covers value-based leadership, vision and successful leadership through interactive skill-building exercises.
The NAA PDP Course: Cybersecurity Risk Management for Flight Departments is an essential course that covers the basics of aircraft connectivity and networking in the digital age. Topics covered include an overview of how ground-based networks interface with aircraft networking, cybersecurity risks and challenges specific to the aviation context. The course will also cover the regulations and laws regarding cybersecurity and privacy.
There’s also a Small Operator Symposium, which covers small flight department management and operations. This symposium includes audience-engaging sessions on managing the responsibilities of operating and managing an aircraft from maintenance to safety management.
Throughout the convention, you’ll find an array of fun events for networking and professional growth. Here are some events you can attend during the convention:
- No Plane No Gain Media Kick-Off Breakfast.
- Indoor and outdoor static displays of aircraft.
- Manager’s Solutions: Strategies for Workforce Issues.
- Day 1 Keynote with the NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen.
- Standardized Training for Part 135 Operators.
- NBAA Local & Regional Group Networking.
- Supersonic Jets: Emerging Reality or Same Old Hype?
- Avoiding Issues in Aircraft Ownership and Operating Structures.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- New Product Showcase.
- NBAA-BACE Coffee Social.
- Meet the Regulators.
- Strategic Capital Planning: Making Better Decisions.
- Sustainable Aviation Fuels: The Future Is Now.
- Bring on the Future: AI, Urban Mobility and Business Aviation.
- NBAA YoPro Networking Reception.
These are just a few of the events you can attend during your time at NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition.
For busy exhibitors, the convention hosts Lightning Learning sessions that provide quick educational opportunities that you can squeeze into your schedule.
Lightning Learning covers tracks like:
- Lessons Learned in Managing Fatigue: Johnson and Johnson’s flight department addresses fatigue risk management and the evolution of policies, procedures and technologies to meet new challenges with forward-thinking solutions.
- Getting It Right After Things Go Wrong: This session covers simple tips, tricks and techniques used to determine the causes of an unfortunate incident and how to use them to prevent a repeat occurrence.
- Why Aviation Medical Training Is Important in the Air AND in The Hangar: This presentation will review CPR/AED certification of ground crews, tips for using an automated external defibrillator, medical issues and more with real-life case studies and skills exercises.
Lightning Learning sessions are available each day of the convention and cover a wide variety of topical issues in the business aviation industry.
In addition to the professional development and networking opportunities, NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition is an excellent way to boost your business. Attending the convention gives your business a chance to showcase aviation products and services, meet qualified buyers, reinforce existing customer relationships, get critical business done and position yourself as a leader in the industry.
When you attend the convention, you get special perks as an exhibitor to get the most value out of your experience. Here are some of the benefits:
- Complimentary badges based on the exhibitor or display space.
- Discounted additional badges for customers, guests or staff.
- Complimentary company profile to get the company information in front of the thousands of attendees in the online exhibitor directory and mobile app.
- Company logo on the NBAA-BACE website and mobile app.
- Exhibitor invitation to send to customers.
- Use of the official NBAA-BACE logo on marketing materials.
- Press kits and press releases.
- Permission to host booth events to draw attendees.
- Free NBAA-BACE hotel shuttle buses to the show.
- Discounted hotel rates through the housing provider, onPeak.
Planning Your Attendance
Whether it’s your first time at the convention or you’re a seasoned exhibitor, your success depends on your preparation. With so much to do and see, you need to prepare to ensure you get the most out of the experience.
Here are some ways to prepare for your attendance:
- Pre-register and review your benefits.
- Make reservations for yourself and your staff.
- Take a look at the agenda and plan any sessions, keynotes or events you want to attend. Then, you can plan your sales meetings or staff meetings.
- Gather your marketing materials and be sure you have enough to pass out to anyone who visits your booth.
- Keep track of the people you meet. After the show, send follow-up emails to set up meetings and turn your prospect into a connection or sale.
- Check out our comprehensive Trade Show Preparation Guide.
With the right planning, you can ensure you get the best professional development and business exposure from your attendance.
Get Ready for NBAA-BACE With Xibit Solutions
The NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition 2019 is the world’s largest business aviation convention. If you’re a student, aviation business owner or service provider, it’s a must-attend for your business.
At Xibit Solutions, we specialize in spectacular booth designs, customer displays, installation and dismantling, space-saver booths and other trade show services that are designed to make your show as smooth and streamlined as possible. We have a talented design team with years of experience creating stand-out booth designs that attract visitors and allow your business to shine. Let us worry about the trade show logistics so you can focus on what your business does best. Contact us today for a quote!