If you’re in the business of offshore resources and environmental concerns, the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is the place to be. This premier event brings energy professionals together to inspire and educate each other and advance the technical and scientific knowledge for the industry.
Learn more about the Offshore Technology Conference 2020 and see why you should exhibit.
About the Sponsors
The Offshore Technology Conference is sponsored by 13 industry organizations and societies that work to develop its technical program. These include:
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
- The Global Home of Chemical Engineers.
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers.
- American Society of Civil Engineers.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Oceanic Engineering Society.
- Marine Technology Society.
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists.
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration.
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society.
- The Brazilian Petroleum, Gas and Biofuels Institute.
The conference is also endorsed and supported by other industry organizations, such as:
- International Association of Drilling Contractors.
- The Petroleum Equipment & Services Association.
- The American Association of Drilling Engineers.
- Association of Energy Service Companies.
- American Petroleum Institute.
These organizations offer technical presentations that cover a wide range of topics to highlight trends and developments in the industry.
About the Offshore Technology Conference
The Offshore Technology Conference is a premier industry event that features technical presentations, thought leaders, industry professionals and up-and-coming products and services in the offshore technology industry. By attending, you’ll have access to leading-edge technical information as well as applications and innovations in oil, gas and renewable technologies that are enhancing the industry.
This massive event offers opportunities for the global sharing of technology, knowledge, best practices and products among industry leaders, buyers, investors and entrepreneurs.
The conference takes place May 4-7, 2020, at NRG Park in Houston, Texas.
There are numerous advantages to exhibiting at the Offshore Technology Conference. Over its more than 500,000 square feet of exhibit space, you’ll encounter in excess of 2,000 providers of products and services, as well as 60,000 energy professionals from all over the world. There are also over 300 global journalists in attendance, giving you unrivaled exposure.
In addition, speakers and sessions feature global C-suite leaders and industry innovators discussing the hottest topics in energy, putting you on the cutting edge of the changes and opportunities in the industry.
Spotlight on Technology and Small Business Award
Each year, the Offshore Technology Conference celebrates the leading innovators in the industry with the Spotlight on Technology awards program. Participants enjoy many benefits, including recognition on the official news release, website and social media platforms, an on-site awards ceremony with media, a spread in the on-site program, a customized banner for the exhibit floor and the liberty to use the OTC Spotlight on New Technology logo for the calendar year.
The conference also offers the Spotlight on New Technology Small Business Award, which includes the same benefits, along with recognition for being an innovative business.
Distinguished Achievement Awards Event
The Distinguished Achievement Awards Event is a highlight of the conference. During the show, the Distinguished Achievement Awards recipients are recognized in a ceremony and have the opportunity to network with other professionals. With the sponsorship from industry-leading companies, the event has raised over $2 million for worthy organizations.
The Distinguished Achievement Awards Event requires a ticket.
University R&D Showcase
The University R&D Showcase offers universities a chance to showcase current and future R&D projects in the offshore technology industry. Participating universities will showcase their products over four days of the conference. Along with providing insights into the future of the industry, the University R&D Showcase provides an opportunity for industry professionals to network with developers to come up with innovative solutions to the most pressing issues facing offshore technology.
OTC Marketing Toolkit
To help make your exhibit a success, the conference offers marketing resources and toolkits. You can download show banners to promote your participation in your email and social media posts. There’s also a social media toolkit that offers samples, tips and a suggested calendar for posting information and updates to drum up interest in your exhibit.
In addition to the conference’s materials, you should also bring your own media kits, brochures, flyers, spec sheets and other marketing materials. Be sure to bring more materials than you think you’ll need — especially business cards — and offer a diverse array of branded promotional materials.
How to Make the Most of Your Exhibit
A trade show exhibit is a significant investment, but there’s no better way to get your business out in front of the right people. You can gain leads, sell products or services and forge valuable relationships within the industry.
If you want to make the most of your time exhibiting at a huge conference like the Offshore Technology Conference, here are some tips:
- Set goals: Before you exhibit, it’s important to set specific and measurable goals for what you hope to achieve. This may be the number of qualified leads, sales of a product or service or business partnerships.
- Choose the right event: There are so many industry shows you could attend, so be sure to do your research and make sure the show has the people and businesses that you want to meet and the educational opportunities that will benefit you.
- Make a calendar: Trade shows can get busy, so it’s important to prepare a calendar to ensure you gain all that you want from the show. Pay attention to deadlines for marketing materials, publications, awards ceremonies, networking events and educational sessions. Before the show, start promoting your attendance and connect with businesses or leaders through email or social media to plan a meeting during the conference.
- Get a booth early: The earlier you book your booth, the better your location will be. It’s good to have a booth by the entrance or near refreshments, which will give you a lot of opportunities to attract foot traffic. You should familiarize yourself with any restrictions on your booth size, Wi-Fi access and other logistical aspects.
- Bring enough people: If you’re planning on attending meetings or educational sessions, it’s important to bring enough staff to ensure your booth is attended at all times. You don’t want to miss an opportunity for an employee to connect with a visitor because no one was there.
- Pack strategically: Be sure to bring pens, pencils, scissors, tape, extension cords, bottled water, snacks and other supplies to avoid any setbacks.
You can also use our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you position your business for success.
Create a Show-Stopping Booth Experience
With over 2,300 exhibits and 60,000 professionals in the energy industry, the Offshore Technology Conference is a must-attend trade show for your offshore technology business. Whether you want to showcase products or network with other professionals, this is premier industry event.
If you’re planning to exhibit at the Offshore Technology Conference 2020, Xibit Solutions can ensure you make the most of the time and investment with standout booth designs, graphics and other trade show services. We specialize in customized designs for a variety of industries to help business owners capture the attention of their audience. Contact us today to learn about our trade show services and how we can help you succeed!