Trade shows are an excellent way to network with industry professionals, nurture new leads and boost exposure for your business. If you’re in an industry concerned with workplace safety, from construction to general worker health and wellness, the 2019 National Safety Council Congress & Expo is the perfect place for you. This weeklong event covers all the industry news and developments that relate to preventable deaths at work, in homes and on the road, with plenty of educational opportunities and new products to give you an edge in the industry.
Learn more about the 2019 National Safety Council Congress & Expo, the world’s largest annual safety event dedicated to workplace safety and well-being.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL SAFETY COUNCIL
For more than 100 years, the National Safety Council (NSC) has been the nation’s leading safety advocate, with the mission of eliminating preventable deaths in homes, communities, workplaces and on the road. Achieving this mission starts by engaging government agencies, elected officials, businesses and the public with education, research and advocacy to end preventable injuries.
The NSC is the leading source of safety research and resources for business owners as well. The Safety + Health magazine provides coverage of safety news and advanced research, and the NSC University offers workplace education opportunities to continue the mission.
Some of the most valuable initiatives from the NSC include:
- The Campbell Institute, a global center of environmental, health and safety research and best practices.
- The Distinguished Service to Safety Awards, an annual award given to organizations that make safety a valuable part of their business operations.
- Safe Communities America, an accreditation program that recognizes communities that make safety a priority.
- Road to Zero, a national initiative to end traffic fatalities.
- Green Cross for Safety award for significant safety achievements.
Through the combined efforts of the NSC and the implementation of better design, better working conditions and accountability for safety hazards, monumental improvements in protecting people and the planet have been achieved.
ABOUT THE 2019 NATIONAL SAFETY COUNCIL CONGRESS & EXPO
As the largest annual event dedicated to workplace safety, the 2019 NSC Congress & Expo showcases innovative solutions to the most crucial safety concerns from over 1,100 of the industry’s most influential leaders and advocates.
With over 14,000 safety, health and environmental professionals from 71 countries, the networking and educational opportunities are virtually limitless. Whether you’re looking to connect with new business contacts, find solutions to your most pressing safety challenges or show off your new products and services, the NSC Congress & Expo is the place to do it.
This event will provide vital safety news and information to owners and individuals in the following industries:
- Health care.
- Mining, gas and oil.
The 2019 NSC Congress & Expo takes place Sept. 6-12 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California.
With the NSC’s commitment to health and wellness in the workplace, owner/operators, government officials and employees from a variety of different industries come together to learn more about the critical safety concerns the workplace faces. From in-depth training workshops to keynote addresses from thought leaders, attendees and exhibitors will have the opportunity for a variety of educational opportunities that cover nearly every aspect of safety and best practices in a professional environment.
Highlights of NSC Congress & Expo educational programs include:
- Principles of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene.
- Safety Training Ninja.
- Conducting Workplace Safety Inspections.
- Measuring Safety Performance.
- Workplace Violence, Sexual Harassment and Occupational Safety.
- Electrical Safe Work Practices.
NSC also offers technical sessions on the industry’s hottest topics, such as:
- Workplace Violence.
- Solving Your Slip and Fall Problem in 5 Easy Steps.
- The Day We Will Remember.
- The Undeniable Truths Every Leader Must Know About.
- Understanding Your Environmental Responsibilities.
- What Employees Think About Safety: Trends from Safety Culture Assessments and Focus Group Interviews.
- Active Shooter Preparedness.
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Awareness.
- Opioid and Workers’ Compensation Claims.
STAY CURRENT ON INDUSTRY TRENDS WITH KEYNOTE SESSIONS
As part of the educational offerings at NSC Congress & Expo, several of the top minds in the safety and health industries will discuss the biggest challenges in workplace safety and the current trends in the industry.
To open the event, Lorraine Martin, the president and CEO of the NSC, and Mick Ebeling, the founder and CEO of Not Impossible Labs, will discuss the creative solutions to real-world safety problems.
The executive forum is on EHS & Sustainability, which offers practical perspectives from leaders in EHS, business, sustainability and more to shape the future of sustainability in the industry. This forum is an opportunity for industry professionals to discuss ideas and pose questions in an open and honest dialogue.
The leadership keynote is from Jim Carroll, an international futurist, trends and innovation expert, who will discuss mitigating safety risk in the era of acceleration. This keynote will focus on shared economy, 3D printing, machine learning and augmented reality, which create new workplace risks, challenges and possibilities.
NSC JOB AND CAREER CENTER
NSC show features prime networking opportunities to help you build relationships during the show. The NSC Job and Career Center is a central location for companies to post open safety-related positions, and individuals attending the show can start careers, switch positions, update a resume or speak with representatives about career counseling and certification.
The NSC Career Center includes:
- Consentium Search, a search firm for career counseling and resume review.
- Professional resume review services.
- Open positions.
- Private areas for interviews.
This is an excellent opportunity to discover new talent or jump start your career!
NEW PRODUCT SHOWCASE
The New Product Showcase is the place to view the newest products, services and technology in the industry. Highlights for 2019 include:
- 3M DBI-SALA Smart Lock Connected SRL, a digitally connected self-retracting lifeline.
- 3M DBI-SALA Comfort Grip Connected Hook, an energy-absorbing fall arrest system that promotes change in work behavior.
- ABUS 76 Series, a safety padlock with an 8-pin cylinder that offers more than 150,000 true key differs.
- Accuform Manufacturing Blind Flange Lockouts, an adjustable-bracket fit device that covers and conceals flange bolts and nuts to prevent removal until maintenance is complete.
- Accuform Manufacturing Heat Stress Temperature Signs, an attention-getting sign graphic that alerts employees of dangerous temperatures in the workplace.
- Alpha/Omega Energy Solutions LLC LeadLock, a device that locks and secures welding leads.
No matter what industry you’re in, you can experience many benefits of attending the NSC Congress & Expo. It’s a significant investment, but that doesn’t come close to the valuable education, resources and contacts you can gain. More than 90 percent of this event’s audience has buying power in a billion-dollar occupational safety and health market, so the possibilities for your business are virtually endless.
You will also have an opportunity to interact with key distributors, decision-makers and innovators in search of the next great idea, product, service and technology. The buyers at this show are looking for new advancements in personal protection equipment, fall protection, emergency response, industrial hygiene, occupational health, general safety and other safety and wellness arenas.
Could your business be the next big thing at NSC Congress & Expo? Exhibit and find out!
DESIGN AN EYE-CATCHING BOOTH
Trade-show attendees often face an overwhelming amount of information and ideas, so it can be easy for an exhibitor to get lost in the noise. When you put a little more work into the design and layout of your booth, however, you can ensure that they visit your booth, spend a little time learning about your business and remember you long after the show.
If you’re new to the market, you not only need to stand out, but you need your target audience to find you. Use bright, bold copy that’s easy to digest to let an attendee know what you’re all about, and keep your focus on one product or service for the time being. This will help your audience recognize and remember you.
Large photos are a trade-booth go-to, but it’s better to avoid too much static imagery. Keep the color palette clean and simple and put all the focus on a slideshow or video message for your visitors.
Finally, make sure your booth is well-lit and easily viewed from a distance, but not too overwhelming up close.
We can help! Download our Trade Show Preparation PDF to plan your event and maximize your experience.
MAKE A GREAT IMPRESSION AT 2019 NSC CONGRESS & EXPO WITH XIBIT SOLUTIONS
At the largest annual event for the safety and health industry, you’ll need to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack. At Xibit Solutions, we have years of experience creating beautiful booth layouts and crafting the entire booth experience, start to finish. Whether you’re looking for top-to-bottom booth design or you just need some help with storage or graphics, the team at Xibit Solutions can find the perfect solution for your needs.
If you want to ensure you make the most of your time and investment at the 2019 NSC Congress & Expo, contact the team at Xibit Solutions and see how we can help you!