IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE: The National Hardware Show 2020 (NHS 2020) has been rescheduled to Sept. 1-3, 2020, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Read the NHS 2020 official statement here.
Trade shows are an excellent opportunity to gain exposure for your business and network with other professionals in your industry. If you’re in the home improvement industry, the National Hardware Show 2020 is the place to be. Here you’ll find everything you need to move your business forward, such as merchandising ideas, buying opportunities and face-to-face networking, all geared toward changing the future of home improvement.
Learn more about the National Hardware Show 2020 and see how attending could give your business the boost it needs.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL HARDWARE SHOW
The National Hardware Show is the prime time and place for sourcing, trading and learning about the home improvement and DIY markets. Numerous industry events and educational opportunities are available to help you make valuable connections and advance your business.
Over 2,800 exhibitors, as well as over 110 inventors, will be in attendance, covering more than 15 home improvement categories, from homewares to international sourcing.
Attendees for the National Hardware Show include:
- Big-box retailers.
- Independent retailers.
- Hardware stores.
- Paint stores.
- Farm stores.
- Discount retailers.
- Mass retailers.
- Manufacturer representatives.
For 75 years, attendees have kept coming back to purchase new products and source new materials, with many estimating over a $10 million annual budget for the products and services found at the show.
The National Hardware Show will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, from
Tuesday, May 5 to Thursday, May 7, 2020 Sept. 1-3, 2020.
MADE IN USA
The Made in USA exhibit is a feature of the show that showcases products and trends that were developed and manufactured in the United States. The National Hardware Show American Manufacturing Awards, sponsored by Made in USA brand, will feature the products that reflect American manufacturing excellence in design, innovation and quality.
In the past, the Made in USA brand has commissioned glass artist Matt Paskiet, the founder of Firenation Glass Studio and Gallery, to create the manufacturing awards.
The Inventors Spotlight features products that haven’t hit the market, offering an inside look into the next big trends in the home improvement industry. At this event, inventors have an opportunity to meet with buyers and investors to get feedback on product development or set the stage for future business partnerships.
The United Inventors Association Inventors Spotlight Awards are also hosted here, which cover such categories as the Most Innovative Concept, Best Marketing Effort and the Best-in-Show Pinnacle Award.
The Emergency Preparedness event feature will focus on products for consumers looking to prepare for a natural disaster or other emergencies. At this event, you’ll find vendors offering products and services in the following categories:
- Medical and first-aid kits.
- Safety products.
- Solar products.
- Water pumps.
The Smart Home and Home Automation feature area showcases many of the top trends in home automation products for the coming year. The Smart Home Virtual Reality Experience offers attendees an interactive product experience for the latest trends in Smart Home products and services, as well as a virtual Smart Home tour for real-world insights.
The Backyard Marketplace is a new addition to the event that showcases outdoor lifestyle products. Located in the tailgate area, the Backyard Marketplace is home to brands and vendors with products in trending outdoor lifestyle categories. There’s also drinks, food, music and entertainment for a fun party atmosphere.
The North American Retail Hardware Association is a trade association dedicated to independent home retailers becoming more profitable. This year, it’s holding its annual NRHA All-Industry Conference at NHS. The conference will include a series of networking events, seminars and speakers to present valuable information and insights into industry trends and topics.
Each year, the National Hardware Show awards innovators in a variety of home improvement sectors, such as:
- 50 Campfire awards.
- American Manufacturing Awards, presented by Made in USA and GBQ.
- Game Ball Awards, presented by Tailgater Magazine.
- Homewares Awards, presented by HomeWorld.
- Lawn Garden & Outdoor Living Awards, presented by Lawn & Garden Retailer.
- New Product Launch Awards.
- New Product World Awards.
- NRHA Retailers’ Choice Awards, presented by the North American Retail Hardware Association and Hardware Retailing.
- NRHA Top Gun Awards, presented by the North American Retail Hardware Association and Hardware Retailing.
- UIA Inventors Spotlight Awards, presented by the United Inventors Association and Invention Home.
These industry awards are presented to outstanding companies and individuals in such categories as Best Overall Product, Best Innovation, Aesthetics, Value and Fills Consumer Need.
LANCASTER BUYING SHOW
This year, the Lancaster Buying Show is co-located with the National Hardware Show. For over 60 years, Lancaster has demonstrated leadership in the sundry industry, growing to seven distribution centers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Lancaster will be presenting their newest and best products at this year’s show, giving you an opportunity to source new products and develop business relationships in the industry.
MAKING THE MOST OF NHS 2020
If you’re planning to attend the National Hardware Show 2020, you’ll have a great chance to generate leads and gain exposure for your business. In two days at a trade show, you can achieve the sales and lead generation of several months’ worth of work, provided you play your cards right.
When it comes to trade shows, preparation is everything. Here are some tips to get the most out of your experience:
- Plan in advance: It always pays to make a plan for the convention you’re attending, including all the events and networking experiences you want to have. Be sure to plan your itinerary strategically so you can fit it all in. See our comprehensive planning guide to get started.
- Do your research: Pay attention to the sponsors, speakers and exhibitors at the conference and evaluate your competitors to be sure it’s worth your investment to attend.
- Be frugal: Conventions and trade shows can be a significant investment, but you can maximize your budget by saving on some aspects. For example, choose cheaper lodging and ask for first-attendee discounts from the show coordinator.
- Schedule meetings: If you want to network, reach out in advance to the vendors and industry experts you may want to meet. They’ll likely be just as busy as you, so scheduling meetings with them will ensure that you get the time you need.
- Organize: You’ll be emailing a lot of employees, vendors and coordinators leading up to your show appearance, so develop a system to organize all those contacts and be sure you don’t miss anyone.
- Set goals: Before you go to the conference, set your goals and expectations for what you’re hoping to achieve. It can be easy to become overwhelmed with all that’s available at the event, so having a clear set of goals will help you stay on track.
- Be social: Socializing matters before, during and after the event. Promote your attendance on your social media accounts to let your customers know you’re attending, share photos or snippets from the event and follow up with leads on social media after the event is over.
You can also use our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you position your business for success.
Armed with these tips, you’ll be ready to make NHS 2020 a success.
SET YOURSELF APART WITH XIBIT SOLUTIONS
If you’re planning to attend the National Hardware Show 2020 in Las Vegas, one of the largest events for the home improvement and DIY industries, you want to make a great impression.
At Xibit Solutions, we have years of experience turning your trade show booth into a premier location with customized booth designs and graphics that attract the throngs of attendees. We’ll guide you through your booth layout, design and logistics to be sure you’re putting the best image of your brand in the forefront and streamlining your trade show experience.
The National Hardware Show 2020 is a must-attend event for home improvement professionals, so let us do the heavy lifting and give you a trade show presentation that stands out. Contact us today to learn more about our custom trade show services and see how we can help your business succeed!