From creation to distribution to consumption, the National Association of Broadcasters Show is where global visionaries come together to bring content to life in new and innovative ways. This annual event brings the entire digital ecosystem together with professionals in advertising, app development, audio, augmented reality, broadcast, cable and much more, so if you work in any form of media, you can’t afford to miss this.
Find out more about National Association of Broadcasters Show 2019 and see why it’s the place to connect with industry trailblazers advancing the art and business of content.
About the National Association of Broadcasters
The National Association of Broadcasters is the voice for the nation’s radio and television broadcasters. As the premier trade association for media professionals, NAB works to advance the interest of members in federal government, industry and public affairs to improve the quality and profitability of broadcasting.
The NAB is committed to excellence in:
- Advocacy: NAB is the chief advocate of broadcasters, ensuring policymakers are informed on issues that impact the industry. The association relies on the strength of its television and radio members to educate Congress and the Federal Communications Commission on how regulations affect these businesses and the listening public.
- Innovation: Through new possibilities in mobile digital television and mobile devices, the NAB helps broadcasters earn opportunities in the digital age. Advances in technology offer innovative ways to deliver high-quality content to local communities.
- Education: From funding free public materials to implementing locally focused community service, the NAB Education Foundation supports diversity, leadership and professional development among media professionals.
About NAB 2019
With over 100,000 attendees and 1,700 exhibitors that hail from over 160 countries and hold a collective $20.5 billion in purchasing power, the NAB show attracts professionals from many industry sectors, including:
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Augmented Reality.
- Houses of worship.
- Internet of things.
- Information Technology.
- Mixed reality.
- Online video.
- Social media.
- Virtual Reality.
This event is where groundbreaking technology is revealed and innovative solutions are displayed, advancing the industry. Whether your focus is the art, science or business of content creation and consumption, this is where you go to make powerful connections that can grow your business.
NAB 2019 takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 6-11, 2019.
The education program at NAB offers exclusive access to the industry’s biggest thought leaders as they offer guidance, advice and techniques.
Some of the featured education sessions include:
- Broadcast engineering and information technology.
- Business of media.
- Content strategy.
- Creative series.
- Digital future exchange.
- Influencer series.
There are also several training programs, such as:
- Postproduction world.
- Field workshops.
- Hands-on training.
- Cybersecurity and content protection.
- Executive leadership summit.
- NAB small medium market radio forum.
- Streaming summit.
Several of the industry’s best will also have speaking engagements at NAB, offering ideas and insights into the industry as a whole and the current trends that may impact it in the future.
Some of the featured speakers include:
- Gordon H. Smith, president and CEO of National Association of Broadcasters.
- Amy DeLouise, director and producer of DeLouise Enterprises, LLC.
- Valentina Vee, content director.
- Jem Schofield, producer, director and educator at theC47.
- Cathy Hughes, founder and chairperson of Urban One Inc.
- FOX NFL Sunday.
- Jeffrey Sine, co-founder and partner of the Raine Group.
- Sandra Stern, president of Lionsgate Group.
- Alan Alda, entertainment legend.
- Charlie Collier, CEO of FOX Entertainment.
Establishing new business connections is a huge part of the NAB experience. Plenty of events take place to give you an opportunity to connect with other business professionals.
Inspired and hosted by different industry organizations, community mixers are hosted throughout the event to bring together a broad scope of professionals to share ideas and insights.
The YoPro Program gives you access to high-level speakers, career-building sessions and the latest technology for young professionals looking to get a foothold in the industry.
The Content Creators Celebration is an event to celebrate the 16 years of progress in the postproduction world. NAB show staff, industry vendors, instructors and business owners get together to hear remarks from industry visionaries, take part in a raffle and enjoying cocktails at the open bar.
South Square and the Orange Lot Beer Garden offer two more mixing opportunities, complete with food and drink, to discuss business with colleagues or hold meetings. The Orange Lot Beer Garden is also hosting the Streaming Summit Reception, which features Dan Rayburn and fellow attendees.
The Amateur Radio Operators Reception is a relaxed evening workshop for the amateur radio community’s best and brightest.
Special events at NAB include receptions and summits to celebrate and share perspectives from the industry’s biggest leaders.
The NAB Show Opening kicks off these events, featuring the NAB President and CEO Gordon H. Smith. Then, a special event honors the new inductees into the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame and includes the presentation of the Digital Leadership Award.
The reception for the Inaugural NAB Show Product of the Year Awards will also recognize the most significant and promising new products and technologies showcased by exhibitors.
New for 2019
NAB raised the bar for media trade shows, but 2019 brings new developments and trends to the evolving digital ecosystem.
New events and exhibits for 2019 include:
- AI+Cloud Campus: Showcase for advancements in AI and cloud technology to shape content and media.
- Destination 5G: Showcase for next-gen wireless technology set to disrupt media, entertainment and traditional content delivery.
- eSports Experience: Showcase for monetization strategies for eSports and live gaming in content models and brand initiatives.
- In-Vehicle Experience: Showcase for today’s leading manufactures and content creators on why connected vehicles are the new horizon for content consumption.
- Innovation Pipeline Theater: Destination for forward-thinking panels, trends and technology from the top women innovators.
NAB not only offers unparalleled opportunities for networking and growth in the media industry, but it also provides exhibitors with all the resources necessary to succeed.
Exhibitors to NAB are offered the NAB Show Cares Exhibitor Programs, which include materials for promoting products and generating leads. These programs include:
- Unlimited Material Handling to reduce fees for moving freight from the dock to the booth, regardless of quantity, weight or volume.
- Show and Sell, which allows exhibitors to sell their products directly from the show floor.
- No Surprise Electrical Outlet Pricing, which includes the price of materials and floor work labor in the price of the outlet.
- Inclusive Rigging Pricing, which includes the rigging crew rate in the rigging supply costs.
- Cloud Services, which provides access to information directly from the cloud.
In addition, NAB offers special opportunities for startups with the StartUp Loft, a special attraction designed to give new businesses a one-time opportunity to showcase products with the NAB audience. This is also located in the Innovation Pipeline, putting your new business in an area spotlighting future-focused technologies.
The Connect Media/IP Pavilion is also provided, which is a solutions destination for a multiscreen viewing experience. Participating exhibitors are given a chance to demonstrate IP-focused technologies, such as OTT, IPTV, mobile, cloud and social.
Standing Out at a Trade Show
With so many educational sessions, events, workshops and networking opportunities, it can be difficult to stand out in the crowd. Exhibits tend to blend together at such a huge event, so you need to make sure that you have a booth that attracts attention to grow your business.
Here are some tips:
- Work with a professional trade show company to get a creative booth design that represents your brand and ensures you attract attention, while maximizing your budget to increase your trade show ROI.
- Offer an experiential event at your booth. Attendees are more likely to cross a trade show floor and find their way to your booth to see what the fuss is about, and it has the added benefit of immersing them in your brand. This can be achieved through VR or AR, which are fitting at an event like NAB.
- Use video to capture the attention of attendees passing by. Keep these videos short but information-packed. You may want to consider investing in a professional video company to ensure that your videos are well-done and attractive.
Get Ready for NAB 2019 with Xibit Solutions
There’s no question that the National Broadcasters Show 2019 offers limitless opportunities for professionals in media, but with so much happening, you want to be sure you leave a lasting impression on attendees and other network professionals.At Xibit Solutions, we offer a range of trade show exhibit services to help you streamline every aspect of your experience at NAB. From customized booth designs to trade show logistics, we have the tools and expertise necessary to deliver a show-stopping trade show experience that puts your brand in the spotlight. Contact us today to learn more about our exhibit services and see what we can do for you!