The U.S. Travel Association has announced their upcoming IPW show for September 18-22 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This show focuses on increasing within the United States, as well as visitors to the U.S.
This show encompasses many areas of travel, bringing together leisure buyers, journalists, International Advisory Committee members, specialty travel groups and government representatives, and marketing and tech providers. Representatives from both international and domestic areas attend to make this conference a pivotal event for the travel industry.
Events to Expect
IPW 2021 is set to give the global travel industry a place to connect and rebuild relationships around the world. Past conferences have generated more than $5.5 billion in future travel with connections and information shared within the industry.
This year’s events will include:
- Business Appointments to pair exhibitors and buyers. These will be made prior to IPW through an online portal.
- Networking events, including sponsored lunches and evening events for face-to-face time.
- Media Marketplace where travel suppliers and media will meet, providing educational and promotional opportunities with international media exposure.
As with other in-person shows this year, IPW is prepared to follow all current Nevada and CDC guidelines for guests and employees. While these may shift depending on the stage of the pandemic in the fall, the commitment to a safe event for all in attendance will be of top priority.
This will include reduced sizes at in-person events like luncheons and educational series, high cleaning standards, and crowd-reduction measures. To follow along with all safety updates, visit IPW’s health and safety page.
Attend & Exhibit at IPW
Planning to exhibit at the show? While The U.S. Travel Association has worked to keep many in-person events on track with new safety procedures, this year is the first they are offering an express booth option for exhibitors. This is a cost-effective option for exhibitors with limited budgets and offers the ability to request up to 22 pre-scheduled one-on-one appointments with buyers (the traditional plan allows for 44 appointments).
No matter which type of plan you choose for exhibiting, it’s important to create a memorable experience for both your team and the attendees you interact with. With the show only months away, it is a great time to ramp up messaging or advertising to announce your planned attendance.
Think about what you’ll be sharing at the show, and make sure your team is on the same page about goals while there. This could be as simple as how many leads you’re looking to generate, how many freebies you give out, or the number of sales you want completed before the show ends.
In addition to following an outline like this plan we’ve created, keep in mind a few of the most important things for a successful show:
- Get the word out – Announce your attendance to both current customers and future prospects. This can be done with simple things like word-of-mouth, emails, social media posts or advertising. Be clear where your booth will be, and what you’ll be providing—including any giveaways you’ll be handing out!
- Train your team – Don’t assume your staff will naturally know what to do. Everyone working the booth should be informed about what to expect at the show and how to communicate with people visiting the booth, including top takeaways or business goals.
- Make your booth stand out – A professionally-done booth will make sure to leave a positive impression with everyone you come into contact with. For ideas on how to create a successful booth, contact our team at Xibit Solutions. Our experts can help from ideation to creation, so you can spend more time focusing on highlighting your expertise.
- Follow up after the show – This is where many people drop the ball. Don’t wait for attendees to remember to contact you when they’re in need. Keep your company and services top of mind with a friendly follow-up. Even better, if you took emails during the show start up an email plan to keep them updated far into the future too.
You can also use our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you position your business for success.
Start with a Show-Stopping Booth!
Don’t forget the booth features! Making your booth stand out can interest passersby who didn’t seek your company out from pre-show communications you sent. A professionally created booth can make a big difference in how your potential customers perceive your company, and whether or not they want to do future business with you. Xibit Solutions offers logistic solutions, booth installation and removal, and custom graphics that will give you a leg up on the competition no matter your budget or business size. Contact us today to find out more about what we can do.