The Hospitality Design Expo and Conference has updated their show dates to August 24-25, 2021. The previous dates were set for early May, but were postponed to allow for more in-person events and attendees, taking into account travel restrictions. The show will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The new show date has given the expo committee the ability to plan for a more complete experience, including useful programming and events planned for 2020. Registration for this event begins in spring of this year. Sign up to get reminders for this event on their website.
COVID-19 resources and rules are in accordance with the event center and government regulations. Visit their website COVID directory to read about the full solutions planned for this event.
About Hospitality Design
This expo is the conference realization of Hospitality Design magazine, a leader in communication for the hospitality design industry. Like the magazine, this conference and expo will provide information and education to owners, operators, brands, purchasing agenda, designers and architects. The knowledge of this industry extends to hotels, resorts, restaurants, nightlife, spas and other hospitality-oriented projects.
Attendants of this conference will be able to connect with other buyers and sellers within the industry; supporting business connections, introducing new products and increasing industry knowledge for all who are interested.
Expo for Hospitality Design Special Features
Although all features have yet to be announced, there has been speculation that many of the features announced for the 2020 show will be brought to the newly announced expo. Last year’s special features included a Box Design Competition, where firms competed to decorate a room in just 24 hours.
HD is known to produce a large array of large conference sessions that include new trends, influencers and projects to keep on top of what’s new. Along with this, they typically offer smaller group sessions to more closely connect with others, as well as earn CEU credits.
Events may include both indoor and outdoor areas, which add depth to the learning and trend-spotting necessary for all areas of hospitality design.
Networking at Hospitality Design Expo + Conference
While the main networking event dates are yet to be announced for 2021, Hospitality Design has given information about the three big places to meet and network with others in the industry.
The first main event will be the opening reception, where everyone is invited and no tickets are required. A great place to mingle and preview what’s to come for the rest of the conference. Later on there is expected to be the Party by the Pool, which gives attendees a chance to network in a more relaxed environment at the Palms Casino Resort.
There is also scheduled to be a Young Entrepreneurs Breakfast. It’s a great place for young visionaries to talk about trends and experiences, as well as challenges and solutions they’ve faced within the industry.
Exhibiting at Hospitality Design
Trade shows are a great way to get your products in front of prospective clients, but it can be difficult to stand out in a sea of businesses competing for attendees’ attention. If you want to gain the maximum return on investment and ensure you make valuable connections at the Hospitality Design Expo, take a look at these tips:
- Plan before you get there. Once you confirm your attendance, start planning your logistics, travel, marketing, etc., to ensure you have everything ready to go. Then, you can focus on promoting your attendance and creating anticipation for your visitors.
- Come up with unique swag. Most businesses use logo pens, mugs and drink koozies to entice visitors, but they’re not memorable. While it’s good to have some practical logo gear, like pens or tote bags, try to get some branded gear that’s a little quirkier, like laptop skins, sunglasses or headphones so that your business will be memorable.
- Do your research. Trade shows tend to attract the giants in the industry, especially at the larger shows. Before you go, research your competitors and see what you’re up against so that you can come up with innovative and interesting ways to set yourself apart.
- Invest in a spectacular booth. Your trade show booth is what attracts clients. Consider your trade show booth part of your marketing budget and put the time, energy and money into making it great. Small touches, like company colors and bold graphics, go a long way.
- Make it fun. Networking events are designed to get people mingling and letting loose. Instead of focusing on interacting with as many people as possible, try to enjoy yourself and let relationships develop naturally. You’ll not only attract more people, but you’ll also be a memorable contact. You could even throw mini parties at your booth, rather than relying solely on the expo networking events.
- Use interactive assets. Create a video or slide show about your company or products that plays on a loop at your booth. It will invite visitors to learn more about your business, even if your staff is busy with other people.
You can also check out our Trade Show Preparation Guide to get other tips about boosting your trade show experience.
Maximize Your Trade Show Exhibit With Xibit Solutions
Standing out with a booth to this conference means creating something that is up to industry standards and trends. To get noticed and remembered in a sea of attendees and other exhibits, it’s imperative your booth takes into account the audience of designers and other hospitality experts that will be immersed in industry upkeep during the conference.
Xibit Solutions has the knowledge and trade show experience to produce a show-stopping booth that fits everything you need. They can create a winning strategy that will fit your event space, cater to your team needs, and show the hospitality design industry you have what it takes to provide them with the services they need. Contact us today to see how we can help you succeed at this upcoming event.