Trade shows are a great way to put your business in front of the right industry people and make valuable contacts with other thought leaders and professionals. If you’re in the health information and technology industry, HIMSS20 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is the place to be. This health information and technology conference brings nearly 45,000 professionals from over 90 countries together for collaboration and innovation in the field.
Find out more about HIMSS20 and how it can help your business succeed.
The host of HIMSS20 is HIMSS, a global advisor and thought leader supporting the transformation of health through information and technology. The non-profit company provides community building, public policy, thought leadership, workforce development and industry events to move the industry forward.
Comprised of over 80,000 individual members, 630 corporate members and over 450 non-profit organizations, HIMSS works to leverage digital health to improve the health of individuals and populations all over the globe.
HIMSS20 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is a must-attend health information and technology event of the year to connect global health leaders with education and collaboration. Throughout the conference, there’s world-class educational programming from respected industry leaders and renowned keynote speakers highlighting the biggest innovations and challenges in the industry.
HIMSS20 takes place March 9-13, 2020, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
Several industry leaders attend the conference and address innovative ideas, insights and perspectives on health and information technology.
The speech highlight of the event is Two Parties, One Stage: A Bold Fireside Chat with Political Party Leaders. During this event, former governors Chris Christie and Terry McAuliffe share the stage for a lively discussion about health reform and voter issues for the 2020 campaign. Through differing political opinions, you can gain valuable insights about the state of healthcare policy.
This year, three-time MVP, 14-time all-star, 2009 World Series champion and Emmy-award-winning baseball commentator Alex Rodriguez ends the conference with an insightful discussion about success on and off the field. During his speech, he’ll discuss his baseball career, his investment firm and real estate investment and development firm, as well as the role analytics played in his success.
HIMSS20 presents over 300 education sessions in numerous broad and niche industry categories, such as:
- Applied artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Biomedical informatics
- Consumerization and patient experience
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Data and analytics
- Health information exchange
- Healthcare technologies
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Organizational change management
- Population health
- Professional development
- Quality improvement model practices
- User experience
- Value-based care models
There is also pre-conference, full-day educational programming. Some topic highlights include:
- Aging and Tech Forum
- AMDIS/HIMSS Physicians’ Executive Symposium
- Big Data Symposium
- Cloud Computing Forum
- Career Development Symposium
- Blockchain Symposium
- Consumerization of Health Forum
- Cybersecurity Forum
- Healthcare Innovation Forum
- Interoperability and HIE Symposium
- Machine Learning and AI for Healthcare
- Nursing Informatics Symposium
In addition to the educational sessions, senior executives, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, health information managers, information security professionals and project managers can earn continuing education credits and take examinations for renewal of CPHIMS, CAHIMS and CPHIMS-CA. Topics cover relevant tracks and credits for specific professions.
Investment and Entrepreneur Activities
The conference has many special events and programming designed to give you an in-depth look at the future of the industry. You can attend such events as:
- Debut Square
- Health 2.0 VentureConnect
- Healthcare of the Future
- HIMSS Investor Lounge
- Innovation Live
- Innovation Symposium
- Investor and Entrepreneur Education
- Scaling Your Startup
- Strategic Matchmaking
These activities are designed for entrepreneurs, startups, strategic investors and other industry professionals looking to learn what’s trending in the field of health and information technology.
Attending HIMSS20 is a great way to connect with other professionals and make valuable business connections. To facilitate this, the conference has numerous networking events that bring together the best minds in the industry.
The Awards Gala is a fun, celebratory evening of dining, drinks and networking. During the event, HIMSS honors individuals, groups and organizations that have made significant contributions to the field of health information and technology.
You could also attend several receptions, such as the Opening Reception, the Advancement Reception and the Millennials Reception to connect with other professionals.
If you’re new to the industry, the HIMSS20 Career Expo offers numerous resources to advance your career. Recruiters, job seekers, consultants and other members of the workforce are welcome to attend to meet with hiring companies, participate in education sessions, gain resume reviews and have a headshot taken. There’s also a networking breakfast to mingle with other up-and-comers in the industry.
The conference has an exclusive event at Universal Orlando Resort for attendees to relax and have a little fun. The huge party starts with dinner at Universal CityWalk, the resort’s stunning dining and entertainment complex, followed by a visit to the park to enjoy such rides as the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D and Revenge of the Mummy.
If you’re in the health and information technology field, HIMSS20 is the premier event to connect with colleagues and learn about the emerging trends and challenges in the industry. With thousands attending, you can put your business in front of the right audience to gain new leads and skyrocket your exposure to the right people.
If you’re planning to attend, the conference provides an array of Global Health Conference Marketing Toolkits with helpful resources to ensure you make the most of your experience.
Make the Most of Your Trip to HIMSS20
Exhibiting at a trade show is a considerable investment of time, resources and money in hopes of gaining new business opportunities and connections. Many exhibitors fall short in maximizing their trade show experience and miss out on the best opportunities.
If you’re planning to attend HIMSS20, consider these tips to make the most of the trip:
- Choose a strategic booth location: Your trade show booth is all about location. Depending on the size of the show and the size of your booth, you’ll want to put yourself in a highly visible area with a lot of attendee traffic, such as the entrance to the exhibit hall or near a high-profile brand.
- Make your booth stand out: If you’re exhibiting in a small booth, it’s vital to choose bright and eye-catching designs that will draw visitors to your booth. Consider your budget and spend wisely, such as choosing unique designs, bold graphics, lighting and other attractive elements.
- Promote your presence: Long before the event, start promoting your attendance to your audience to drum up interest and anticipation about the show. You may even be able to get a hold of an attendee registration list to target visitors to the show. You can use tools like email marketing or social media marketing to get your promotions in front of the right people and attract visitors to your booth before you even get there.
- Have a giveaway: Giveaways are popular and draw a lot of people to your booth, especially if you have impressive prizes. Be sure to choose high-quality prizes that are relevant to your industry and audience, or choose something for the area like tickets to the theme park.
- Offer refreshments: Visitors at a trade show spend hours walking around, and nothing works up an appetite more. You can bring people into your trade booth with refreshments, such as coffee and bagels. Consider the rules of the show before selecting your refreshments since you may need to obtain your food at craft services. Ask your host about your refreshment options.
If you follow these tips, you can improve your chances of making an impact at the show and ensuring your time and financial investment is worth it.
You can also use our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you position your business for success.
Get Ready for HIMSS20 with Xibit Solutions
HIMSS20 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is the must-attend event for health and information technology professionals. If you’re in the industry, there’s no better way to maximize your exposure and stay ahead of the trends than exhibiting at this high-profile event.
If you’re planning your trade show exhibit, Xibit Solutions can help. Our award-winning trade show design team has been helping businesses succeed at conferences, expos and industry shows for over 20 years through innovative booth design, custom graphics and more. Whether you need a space-saving booth design, graphic design, installation and dismantling or other trade show services, contact Xibit Solutions to request a quote and see how we can help you succeed at HIMSS20!
Keywords: HIMSS20, HIMSS20 Global Health Conference & Exhibition
Meta description: Learn more about HIMSS20 Global Health Conference & Exhibition, the premier trade show for the health and information technology industry.