Trade shows are a great way to put your business in front of the right industry people and make valuable contacts with other thought leaders and professionals. If you’re in the health information and technology industry, HIMSS23 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is the place to be. This health information and technology conference brings nearly 45,000 professionals from over 90 countries together for collaboration and innovation in the field. Now with in-person and digital options, attendees can personalize their experience.
Find out more about HIMSS23 and how it can help your business succeed.
HIMSS23 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is a must-attend health information and technology event of the year to connect global health leaders with education and collaboration. Throughout the conference, there’s world-class educational programming from respected industry leaders and renowned keynote speakers highlighting the biggest innovations and challenges in the industry.
HIMSS23 takes place April 17-21,2023 at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois, and and will feature digital components for attendees to choose their own path to the conference.
The host of HIMSS23 is HIMSS, a global advisor and thought leader supporting the transformation of health through information and technology. The non-profit company provides community building, public policy, thought leadership, workforce development and industry events to move the industry forward.
Comprised of over 80,000 individual members, 630 corporate members and over 450 non-profit organizations, HIMSS works to leverage digital health to improve the health of individuals and populations all over the globe.
More than 1,000 healthcare information and technology companies exhibit at the event. There will be thousands of new businesses, thought-leadership sessions, and specialty pavilions for hot topics.
Specialty Pavilions at HIMSS23 include:
- Patient Engagement 365 Pavilion
- Cybersecurity Command Center
- Federal Health Pavilion
- Innovation Hub
- Startup Park
- Interoperability Showcase
Establish connections to advance your professional objectives, support your personal development, and have fun!
At HIMSS23, you’ll meet important people in a variety of settings, including large evening networking events, intimate executive events, and one-on-one private meetings.
- Opening Reception Party
- Thursday Night Event: Laugh N’ Roll
- Exhibition Happy Hour
- Women in Health IT Reception
- Emerging Healthcare Leaders Reception
- Executive Invite-Only Events
Continuing Education Credits
Attend the HIMSS Global Health Conference and receive CE credit:
- CEUs for health information management professionals, information security professionals, and those seeking continuing education hours toward CAHIMSSM, CPHIMSSM and CPDHTSSM renewal.
- CEUs for pharmacists
- CME for physicians
- CNE for nurses
- PDUs for project managers
- Professional certifications for senior executive
Attending HIMSS23 is a great way to connect with other professionals and make valuable business connections. To facilitate this, the conference has numerous networking events that bring together the best minds in the industry.
The Awards Gala is a fun, celebratory evening of dining, drinks and networking. During the event, HIMSS honors individuals, groups and organizations that have made significant contributions to the field of health information and technology.
You could also attend several receptions, such as the Opening Reception, the Women in Health IT Networking Reception and the Emerging Healthcare Leaders Reception to connect with other professionals.
If you’re new to the industry, the HIMSS23 Career Expo offers numerous resources to advance your career. Recruiters, job seekers, consultants and other members of the workforce are welcome to attend to meet with hiring companies, participate in education sessions, gain resume reviews and have a headshot taken. There’s also a networking breakfast to mingle with other up-and-comers in the industry.
If you’re in the health and information technology field, HIMSS23 is the premier event to connect with colleagues and learn about the emerging trends and challenges in the industry. With thousands attending, you can put your business in front of the right audience to gain new leads and skyrocket your exposure to the right people.
If you’re planning to attend, the conference provides an array of Global Health Conference Marketing Toolkits with helpful resources to ensure you make the most of your experience.
Make the Most of Your Trip to HIMSS23
Exhibiting at a trade show is a considerable investment of time, resources and money in hopes of gaining new business opportunities and connections. Many exhibitors fall short in maximizing their trade show experience and miss out on the best opportunities.
If you’re planning to attend HIMSS23, consider these tips to make the most of the trip:
- Choose a strategic booth location: Your trade show booth is all about location. Depending on the size of the show and the size of your booth, you’ll want to put yourself in a highly visible area with a lot of attendee traffic, such as the entrance to the exhibit hall or near a high-profile brand.
- Make your booth stand out: If you’re exhibiting in a small booth, it’s vital to choose bright and eye-catching designs that will draw visitors to your booth. Consider your budget and spend wisely, such as choosing unique designs, bold graphics, lighting and other attractive elements.
- Promote your presence: Long before the event, start promoting your attendance to your audience to drum up interest and anticipation about the show. You may even be able to get a hold of an attendee registration list to target visitors to the show. You can use tools like email marketing or social media marketing to get your promotions in front of the right people and attract visitors to your booth before you even get there.
- Have a giveaway: Giveaways are popular and draw a lot of people to your booth, especially if you have impressive prizes. Be sure to choose high-quality prizes that are relevant to your industry and audience, or choose something for the area like tickets to the theme park.
- Offer refreshments: Visitors at a trade show spend hours walking around, and nothing works up an appetite more. You can bring people into your trade booth with refreshments, such as coffee and bagels. Consider the rules of the show before selecting your refreshments since you may need to obtain your food at craft services. Ask your host about your refreshment options.
If you follow these tips, you can improve your chances of making an impact at the show and ensuring your time and financial investment is worth it.
You can also use our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you position your business for success.
Get Ready for HIMSS23 with Xibit Solutions
HIMSS23 Global Health Conference & Exhibition is the must-attend event for health and information technology professionals. If you’re in the industry, there’s no better way to maximize your exposure and stay ahead of the trends than exhibiting at this high-profile event.
If you’re planning your trade show exhibit, Xibit Solutions can help. Our award-winning trade show design team has been helping businesses succeed at conferences, expos and industry shows for over 23 years through innovative booth design, custom graphics and more. Whether you need a space-saving booth design, graphic design, installation and dismantling or other trade show services, contact Xibit Solutions to request a quote and see how we can help you succeed at HIMSS23!