Trade shows offer a lot of benefits for a business owner. In addition to educational seminars, networking events and valuable speeches from industry thought leaders, they also give you a chance to put your products and services in front of the perfect audience.
If you’re in the construction business, there’s no better place for you than CONEXPO-CON/AGG, North America’s largest construction trade show for asphalt, aggregates, concrete, earthmoving, utilities, lifting, mining and more. Learn more about CONEXPO-CON/AGG, and find out how it can help your business.
The CONEXPO-CON/AGG trade show is the perfect meeting place for professionals in the construction industry. The event brings together 2,800 exhibitors from every major construction sector, including contractors, producers, dealers, government, mining, services and manufacturing.
With over 2.5 million square feet of exhibit space, you can see high-profile companies representing categories like:
- Aggregates processing
- Business solutions
- Asphalt and paving
- Concrete, construction and manufacturing
- Earthmoving equipment and material handling
- Engines, components and electronics
- Hauling equipment
- Infrastructure support
- Land clearing
- Rail equipment
- Safety and traffic
- Underground construction
CONEXPO-CON/AGG takes place March 10-14, 2020, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The award-winning Tech Experience event is back for the 2020 show and has expanded to two locations on the exhibit floor. This event focuses on challenges in the construction industry related to modern mobility, sustainability and smart cities, what these challenges involve and how to address them with new trends and technologies.
The Tech Experience also features Tech Talks from industry professionals who will illuminate these issues with in-depth discussions and experiences. Featured speakers include:
- Bassem Hamdy, co-founder and CEO of Briq, discussing business decisions with AI.
- Platt Boyd, founder and CEO of Branch Technologies, discussing the design and printing of future structures.
- Desiree Matel-Anderson, CEO of Global Disaster Innovation Group, LLC, discussing smart cities and their role in natural disaster preparedness.
- Allie Kelly, executive director of The Ray Project, discussing a greener future for infrastructure.
CONEXPO-CON/AGG also features a comprehensive education program for business owners and contractors to learn about the latest trends and insights for the construction industry. The education topics are grouped into 10 tracks, including:
- Cranes, rigging and aerial lifts
- Earthmoving and site development
- Equipment management and maintenance
- Business best practices
- Attracting, engaging and retaining talent
- Technology solutions
These sessions include speeches from some of the biggest names and companies in the industry, including Fares Abdo from Morgan Corp., Jeremy Anderson from FSX Equipment, Ryan Bedford from Bedford Development and James Benham from JB Knowledge, as well as nearly 100 additional speakers.
IFPE is a trade show that’s scheduled in conjunction with CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The show focuses on trends and technology in the fluid power, power transmission and motion control industries. This is an opportunity to learn about trends like data analytics, robotics, automation, sensor technology and more, as well as talk with suppliers about specific challenges and solutions.
At IFPE, you can see over 400 exhibitors showcasing their latest products and innovations in categories like:
- Electrical and mechanical power transmission
- Industrial hydraulics
- Mobile hydraulics
- Aerospace and defense
- Amusement machinery
- Chemical and petroleum processing
- Electrical machinery
- Factory automation
- Material handling
- Off- and on-highway vehicles
- Plastics and rubber working machinery
The show will also feature the Fluid Power Hour Reception, a fantastic networking event with food, drinks and entertainment for industry professionals.
How to Maximize Your Trade Show Experience
If you’re planning to attend CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020, you have an opportunity to market your brand, showcase products, network with industry leaders, interact with prospective customers and attend valuable educational sessions.
However, attending such a large show with so many events and sessions requires careful planning to ensure you get the most out of your experience. Here are some do’s and don’ts for planning your trade show outing:
- Secure a convenient location. Location is everything at a trade show, especially for something as large as CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The event is expected to have a large number of exhibitors and attendees, so it’s important to register early and try to secure a high-traffic location for your booth. Early registration also gives you time to promote your attendance, arrange travel for trade show staff and gather your promotional materials for a great first impression.
- Provide food, beverages and entertainment. Refreshments are a highly desirable promotion at any event, especially after visitors to your booth have been walking and talking all day. Offering refreshments attracts people to your booth, and your staff will thank you for making it easier for them to get food and drinks without fighting the crowds. Entertainment is also important, so consider giveaways, interactive experiences or other activities you can use to attract people to your booth.
- Design your booth around your goals. When you have clear goals for your event, it will help you plan and design your booth and be able to measure your success. Everything you hope to gain should be considered in advance, including your booth exhibit design. Use branded promotional materials to fit in with your company goals, and present a strong, professional look for your visitors.
- Follow up after the event. You’ll meet a lot of industry professionals and prospective customers at the trade show, but all your networking is useless without follow-up. Following up with vendors and attendees helps you keep the lines of communication open between your company and the interested parties, and it helps you develop a list of sponsors, participants and attendees for future events.
- Underestimate the space needed for each booth. Remember that you’ll have products, promotional materials, seating, extra staff members, refreshments and visitors at your booth, and the worst way to ruin the day is by crowding everyone. Make sure you choose a booth that gives you enough space for everyone and ensures that people can move around freely within the booth so you’re not tripping over each other.
- Overshoot your marketing budget. Advertising and marketing efforts are crucial to event attendance, but you’re going to need to focus on your budget and make sure you make smart, practical decisions. Avoid wasting resources promoting to irrelevant audiences, and plan your marketing strategy around your target customer and their behaviors. Think about your customer and which channels work best for them and which content is going to reach them.
Other tips for trade show success:
- Learn who the attendees will be and make note of who you want to meet.
- Provide good product demos.
- Instruct your staff.
- Set up a lounge area near your booth for seating.
- Design exciting branded swag.
- Plan giveaways to attract attention.
- Be proactive in following up with leads.
With these tips, you’ll be prepared to put your best foot forward and make the most of your experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG. You can also use our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you position your business for success.
Create a Show-Stopping Booth Experience with Xibit Solutions
If you’re planning to attend CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020, North America’s largest construction trade show, you’re in a great position to maximize exposure for your business and make valuable connections in the industry. At Xibit Solutions, we have an experienced team of trade show design professionals who can help you craft your entire trade show experience, from customizing bold graphics to designing a smooth layout for your booth. With a tailored booth experience, you can be sure that every visitor to your booth has a great experience that puts your business in the best light.
Contact Xibit Solutions today to request a quote and see how we can help you create a show-stopping experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020!