Trade shows are a great way to get your brand out there and network with some of the best in the industry. If you’re an orthopaedic surgeon or work elsewhere in the health care industry, there’s no better place for you than the AAOS 2020 Annual Meeting. This event brings together over 14,000 domestic and international orthopaedic surgeons and health care professionals from all around, as well as exhibits from over 700 companies, giving you access to the newest trends and innovations in your industry.
Learn more about the 2020 Annual Meeting, hosted by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and find out why you need to be there.
Founded in 1933, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) is the premier provider of musculoskeletal education for orthopaedic surgeons. It not only offers the Annual Meeting, which brings together some of the top professionals in the field, but it also provides continuing education throughout the country at the Orthopaedic Learning Center.
The mission of AAOS is to provide the highest quality musculoskeletal care and advance the field through the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. It is focused on accountability, advocacy, education, membership, organizational excellence, and quality and patient value to further this cause and create a better environment for both practitioner and patient.
ANNUAL MEETING 2020
For the 2020 Annual Meeting, we expect to host over 30,000 attendees, including Academy Fellows, AAOS members, international guests, and allied medical professionals and exhibitors. This event gives attendees the opportunity to learn about the newest industry trends and medical advancements through educational sessions, as well as a chance to network with representatives from the top equipment vendors.
The AAOS 2020 Annual Meeting will be held March 24-28, 2020, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
The Annual Meeting is a platform that allows orthopaedic surgeons from around the world to showcase their research and experience. There are over 250 educational sessions featured, which include the following tracks:
- Adult reconstruction hip.
- Basic research.
- General education.
- Adult reconstruction knee.
- Foot and ankle.
- Hand and wrist.
- Musculoskeletal oncology.
- Practice management.
- Shoulder and elbow.
- Sports medicine.
There are several featured programs as well, including:
- 190 CPT and ICD-10 coding fundamentals for starting a practice.
- 191 practice management for residents and fellows-in-training.
- “Ask an Expert.”
- Nursing and allied health.
In addition, Specialty Day will feature continuing education with experts in specialties. It includes professionals from the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, the Federation of Spine Associations, the Arthroscopy Association of North America and many more, all coming together to share insights and innovations in their respective disciplines.
TechTalks offer an opportunity to experience the latest technology and applications for orthopaedic surgeons. During these sessions, you can discover how to introduce new technology into your practice for better patient relationships.
These special showcases include:
- Step-by-Step Instructions on How to 3D Print Any Orthopedic Bony Structure from a CT Scan.
- Defending Your Internet Reputation in 2020.
- Analysis of Available Smart Orthopaedic Appointment Allocation Products that Optimize Practice Productivity.
- Machine Learning Applications and Data Driven Orthopaedics.
- Virtual Health.
- Augmented Reality and the Operating Room of the Future.
- Orthopaedic Innovation.
- Using Instagram to Enhance Your Practice.
- Orthopedic Entrepreneurism.
- Killer Apps 2020.
- From the Smartphone to the Big Screen.
- Using Social Media to Increase Your Marketing Efforts. .
These showcases are included with registration and offer new opportunities and suggestions for streamlining your practice and enhancing your image.
The Career Center at the Annual Meeting provides attendees with an opportunity to network with hiring organizations and orthopaedic surgeons about future job opportunities. This event offers resources for both the hiring organization and the job seeker, helping the right teams come together.
There are several networking and hiring events, such as:
- A networking reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres.
- The headshot photo center, which offers professional headshots.
- One-on-one CV consultations with professionals.
- Career coaching with interview tips and contract coaching.
- The Career Center Educational Dinner, which examines what to look for in an employment contract.
Hospital staff, medical staff personnel and practice administrators are welcome at this event in an employer capacity, and any job seeker who’s a member of the Academy is welcome to attend. The Career Center also offers private interview booths to be used for on-site interviews during the event.
PLANNING FOR THE ANNUAL MEETING
With so many networking and educational opportunities, there’s no better place for orthopaedic and health care professionals than the Annual Meeting. Exhibiting at an event like this can provide you with virtually limitless leads and opportunities, provided you thoroughly plan for the event.
Trade show exhibits are a big investment, so here’s what you need to make your time successful:
- Advanced planning: It’s never too early to start planning. Once you confirm your attendance at the event, begin informing your team of anticipated travel dates to save money on late bookings and to reserve block rates for hotel rooms.
- Campaign planning: If you’re launching a new product or making a big business announcement around the time of the show, be sure to have all your promotional materials ready to go. Print product sheets, send promotional emails and inform your audience of your presence to be sure you get the broadest reach possible.
- Sales preparation: Communication is vital to successful sales. Typically, marketing, sales and executive team members attend, so make sure that everyone is aware of the plan and working toward the same goals during the show. It’s also a good idea to hold a preshow meeting and review the accommodations, booth hours, special events, dress code and other details.
- Social media marketing: Trade shows are an excellent opportunity for social media marketing. Post photos of your preshow preparation, travel, on-site events and other memorable moments to keep your followers up-to-date on the whole process. You should also include a booth number and event hashtag to encourage visitors.
- Giveaways: Fun giveaways are a great way to bring more traffic to your booth and generate more leads. Invest some of your event budget in exciting prizes and promotional materials that will attract attendees, such as food or cash prizes, then use the opportunity to start a conversation.
- Follow up: Following up with your leads is almost as important as planning for the show itself. Take notes during the event to be sure you remember everyone in all the chaos, and take the time to note any opportunities for a smoother event experience in the future.
You can also use our Trade Show Preparation Guide to make sure you position your business for success.
GET READY FOR AAOS ANNUAL MEETING 2020 WITH XIBIT SOLUTIONS
With over 14,000 health care professionals and over 700 vendors, there’s no better place to network in the orthopaedic surgery industry than at AAOS Annual Meeting 2020. This event not only provides endless opportunities for networking and business relationships, but it also features some of the top educational sessions in the field.
If you’re planning to attend, be sure you make the most of your experience and investment with a stunning booth design that showcases your brand. At Xibit Solutions, we specialize in creating a professional booth experience from start to finish, including show displays and logistics, to ensure you make a lasting impression. No matter your budget or needs, we’ll help you make your mark on the Annual Meeting with customized planning and designs.
Contact Xibit Solutions today to learn more about our trade show booth design services and see what we can do to make the Annual Meeting a success!