IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE: The International Manufacturing Technology Show 2020 (IMTS 2020) will go on as scheduled from Sept. 14-19, 2020, at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
Read the IMTS 2020 official statement here.
Attending a trade show is an excellent way to elevate your business and reach the top decision-makers in your industry. If you’re in manufacturing technology, the 33rd edition of the International Manufacturing Technology Show, the premier manufacturing technology show in North America, is a must for your business. With over 1 million square feet of exhibit space and over 2,500 exhibiting companies showcasing products to buyers and sellers from 117 countries, IMTS 2020 offers unrivaled access and opportunity for your business.
Learn more about IMTS 2020 and find out why it’s a must-attend event for your business.
About the Association for Manufacturing Technology
The Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT) is an organization that represents and promotes U.S.-based manufacturing technology and its members — those who build, design, sell or service the continuously evolving technology for manufacturing.
AMT benefits the industry by providing the following benefits:
- Smartforce development: Advanced manufacturing degree programs that emphasize industry-based internships and credentialing initiatives to encourage careers in manufacturing.
- Business consulting services: The AMT staff offers customized, in-depth advisory services for members around the world.
- Global support: AMT has tech centers in countries all over the world to support AMT members.
- Advocacy: AMT actively engages the federal government in support of public policy according to the Manufacturing Mandate priorities.
- Research: Analysts and researchers provide resources to answer member questions.
- Events: AMT events give members an opportunity to learn from industry experts and connect with customers.
- MTInsight: MTInsight is an online tool with business intelligence dashboards that synthesize numerous data resources.
About IMTS 2020
IMTS 2020 is the 33rd edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. In the past, IMTS hosted the highest number of exhibiting companies and was the largest in numbers of registrations.
The IMTS Conference features 71 different sessions and 142 hours of educational programming to help industry professionals address the challenges in their operations.
The event regularly attracts manufacturing industry professionals from all over the world to see thousands of new machine tools, controls, computers, software, components, systems and processes that can improve the efficiency of manufacturing.
Thousands of exhibitors also attend, providing excellent networking opportunities within the industry. Manufacturers display equipment in the following product category pavilions:
- Metal cutting: everything from machining centers and assembly automation to manufacturing systems.
- Tooling and workholding systems: jigs, fixtures and cutting tools of all types.
- Fabricating and laser: waterjet, laser, plasma-arc, welding, and heat-treating equipment.
- Abrasive machining/sawing/finishing.
- Controls and CAD-CAM.
- Gear generation.
- Machine components/cleaning/environmental.
- Additive and quality assurance.
IMTS takes place Sep. 14-19, 2020, at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
In addition to IMTS, you can see a complete range of manufacturing technology solutions during your visit to the co-located shows:
- Integrated Automation, Motion & Drives USA: This annual event offers a full spectrum of industrial automation, IT, power transmission and fluid power technology to manufacturers looking for cross-sector and cross-platform solutions.
- SurfaceTechnology USA: This annual event covers the spectrum of industrial surface treatment and finishing, ranging from cleaning and pre-treatment to coatings and paint finishes in this expanding industry.
- ComVac North USA: This event features process automation, pneumatic systems, eco-friendly exhaust and cleaning systems that rely on compressed air and vacuum systems. This technology is integral to smart factories, and ComVac USA is an unparalleled platform for connecting suppliers and providers with end-users.
- Industrial Supply USA: This event covers the spectrum of industrial subcontracting and lightweight construction, offering opportunities for industry professionals to access supply solutions across the industrial value chain.
IMTS Job Shops
When you run a business, your customers, suppliers, employees and family depend on you. IMTS recognizes the importance of business and the operations that are the key to success in manufacturing. At the conference, you can get up close to see and try new technologies, talk to tech builders and find inspiration for directions for your business. You’ll discover new solutions to provide a better service to your customers, your family and yourself.
AMT’s Emerging Technology Centers (ETC)
One of the highlights of IMTS is the Emerging Technology Centers (ETC). This must-visit exhibit is famed around the world for showcasing state-of-the-art and disruptive technologies that have a lasting impact on manufacturing.
In the past, ETC made its debut as a place to educate, inform and excite the manufacturing community about groundbreaking innovations in advanced technology. This year, IMTS will feature two ETCs for even more opportunities.
Today’s Technology Center
Today’s Technology Center (TTC) is an event presented by GIE Media that features the latest advancements in manufacturing technology implemented by businesses. The TTC features technology from the automotive, aerospace and energy sectors for a full range of exciting new options.
During this event, you can get an up-close look at the leading-edge innovations from the hottest markets, such as Today’s Medical Developments, Aerospace Manufacturing and Design, Today’s Energy Solutions and Today’s Motor Vehicles.
Miles for Manufacturing 5K
The M4M Run/Walk is an opportunity to get a little activity in during the conference and put your energy into a great cause. The walk benefits manufacturing schools to prepare students in lifelong learning and work with customized learning programs dedicated to specific career pathways, such as CNC machining, welding, automotive repair and more.
IMTS Ride Experience
For a little fun during the event, you can take a ride on Olli, a self-driving, digitally manufactured, 3D-printed shuttle by Local Motors that’s designed to streamline shared transportation systems. Olli will shuttle visitors between the buildings and offer a glimpse into the disruptive technology that is fundamentally changing the way manufacturers create products, creating a future where product development timelines are significantly reduced.
Making the Most of Your Attendance
If you’re planning to attend IMTS 2020, a lot of preparation is necessary to make sure you get the most out of the experience. Here are some tips to make sure you stand out and get as many opportunities as possible from your time:
- First impressions mean everything. Put effort into your booth design, layout, marketing materials and promotional materials to make a good impression.
- Bring enough staff to interact with visitors and keep your booth buzzing as much as possible. If visitors see others enjoying their time with you, they’ll want to visit too.
- Give visitors free stuff. Hand out big stickers, wearables, trinkets and other goods with games and giveaways. This will not only attract people to your booth, but it will also give you free promotion as people walk around the show with your promotional pieces.
- Have pre-show meetings. The best way to ensure that your staff is on the right track with the show is to host regular pre-show meetings to prepare them for what’s ahead. It’s important that your staff understands your expectations to have a smooth exhibitor experience.
- Create an experience. If it’s possible to turn your products or services into an interactive experience, you’ll attract and keep more visitors. Work with marketing to craft an experience that draws people to connect with your brand.
Prepare for IMTS 2020 With Xibit Solutions
IMTS 2020 is the premier trade show for manufacturing technology, drawing thousands of exhibitors and attendees from 117 countries to share in the most important developments in the industry. If you’re planning to exhibit at IMTS 2020, Xibit Solutions can help you craft a show-stopping booth experience and keep visitors talking and interacting with your brand.
With over 20 years’ experience helping businesses succeed at trade shows, Xibit Solutions can help you with every aspect of your exhibit, from quality booths to trade show logistics. We’re here to take the stress and planning out of the exhibit so that you can focus on getting your staff and business ready for success. Contact us today to learn more about our services and request a quote!